When graduating from our school we want to have helped our students in their development of becoming bilingual / multilingual children for whom both choices are open: continuing at a regular Dutch secondary school or continuing at an international secondary school.
The school has a strong focus on internationalisation. Our pupils are from all over the world, a fact that we use to our advantage to create learning opportunities about these different cultures in order to develop international and intercultural awareness within everybody in our school.
Be yourself | be international | be Dutch
Be yourself means that the whole you is welcome at RISE, regardless your social background or nationality. Your home language and culture will be part of our education.
Be international is making an advantage out of the differences within our school and using them to learn about other cultures. By learning English continuation on an international (secondary) school remains a possibility
Be Dutch and integrate in the Dutch society will be easier when you speak Dutch and when you are aware of cultural characteristics.
Cultural education includes all forms of education in which culture is used as an end or a means. Through cultural education, students develop their creative talents and learn to understand the value of art. Students work on their cultural competencies and discover their talents. They gain knowledge about art disciplines, the cultural heritage and the media. Students learn to use the disciplines as a means of expression and communication. They learn techniques and (thinking) skills and develop an open attitude towards culture. This takes place both at school and through interaction with the (outside) world. The pupils learn to be open-minded on the basis of artistic orientation: they look at paintings and sculptures, listen to music, enjoy language and movement. Where possible, subjects are used that are related to IPC. As a result, education becomes more meaningful to students. In addition to great connectedness and better personal and social development, art and cultural education contributes to pupils' language development.
The school creates an environment where students are inspired to develop their own creativity.
• Art disciplines are integrated within the themes of IPC. This is visible in the school. Closings of an IPC unit are well organized. Pupils are actively/creatively involved by working towards and implementing a closing. Parents of the group concerned are actively involved if possible and desirable.
• The creative process is given a place within an IPC unit.
• Preparing units together with a specialist teacher from the Culture Station, describing and deploying the creative process and extending lessons.
• School is going to make use of a cultural professional who fits the educational concept of our school from process-oriented didactics. This professional can help prepare and implement lessons or give sample lessons.
• Schedule activities offered by cultural institutions that fit in with the school's IPC
• Deepen/educate vision and make it visible to the team
CmK cultuurtraject op maat, Schoolvoorstelling